In this article
- Learn about the evolution of blockchain services for the enterprise including the first platform created specifically to make blockchain nodes and decentralized apps (dapps) both easy and secure to deploy.
- One year after ClearCenter and HPE partnered to launch ClearOS, ClearCenter is releasing the new ClearNODE product line. Currently offered on HPE ProLiant tower and micro servers, going forward, more ProLiant models will be added to the portfolio – bringing easy-to-use enterprise blockchain apps both to the enterprise data center and eventually to the edge, enabling things to interact and transact with other things.
- ClearNODE is on exhibit at HPE’s booth at CEBIT, Hanover, Germany from June 12 to 15, 2018, in hall 12, booth D47.
At HPE, we believe that simplifying a complex technology will increase the rate of adoption that is key for successful, enterprise-wide deployment. That is why we are proud to highlight the latest launch from our partner ClearCenter, the new ClearNODE product line, which simplifies and secures the deployment of blockchain nodes and decentralized apps (dapps), for private users, developers and businesses, all powered by HPE ProLiant servers.
But before we dive into the specifics of this new blockchain platform and marketplace, I ask you to think back 20 years ago. It was hard to set up a blog like the one you are reading now. In fact, 1998 marks the first known instance of a blog on a traditional news site, when reporter Jonathan Dube blogged about Hurricane Bonnie for The Charlotte Observer. At the time, The Charlotte Observerteam likely had to do a lot of back-end coding and web building to create this new website format.
Today, platforms like WordPress offer a simple solution with predefined templates that can be supported through rented-server space from Google or AWS and applied to a website building platform like Wix or SquareSpace. It is easy for organizations and individuals to publish blog posts, podcasts, videos and other content.
"HPE believes that simplifying a complex technology will increase the rate of adoption that is key for successful, enterprise-wide deployment."
A similar simplification is needed now, more than ever, to support today’s blockchain evolution, particularly at the enterprise level. What we call blockchain 2.0 represents enterprises seeking solutions to apply the concept of devaluated data exchanges that can decrease costs and create new business models. As we progress into blockchain 3.0, the intersection of Blockchain, IoT, big data, AI and the Intelligent Edge, the world around us autonomously negotiates, transacts and exchanges values. In the future, robots on a manufacturing belt will be granted permission to create new parts through seamless transfer of construction blueprints, approval for payment and storage of state and quality assurance reports, all on ledgers that are shared with each entity along a supply chain. This shows that decentralized data and apps continue to add complexity, increasing the need for simple ways to manage and secure every bit and byte.
We believe that blockchain will continue to evolve and redefine enterprise applications and the way information is stored and transacted, which is why we are committed to bringing the benefits of blockchain-based services to the mass market through unprecedented levels of ease and security. Our continued investment in strong blockchain technology and partnerships is supported by several pillars:
- Blockchain streamlines processes, removes steps and speeds life-cycles.
- Blockchain replaces complex legacy systems with automation.
- Blockchain removes intermediaries from processes and, for the first time, allows complete strangers to engage in a transaction with the same set of facts and complete trust.
- Dapps are a major turning point for deploying and using digital services and we are dedicated to simplifying and securing dapp environments to encourage wider adoption.
"Blockchain will continue to evolve and redefine enterprise applications and the way information is stored and transacted."
This vision makes it clear why today’s ClearNODE announcement is so exciting. It is a natural extension of our June 2017 partnership with ClearCenter to simplify IT for small and medium businesses (SMBs) through the launch of ClearOS, a Linux-based operating system on HPE ProLiant servers. ClearOS has enabled customers to create a ready-to-use server at no additional cost with more than 100 enterprise applications to choose from. A simple, web-based user interface and a built-in application marketplace has made IT deployments for SMBs simple, secure and economical. Now we are scaling up into larger-enterprise applications and harnessing the power of blockchain.
ClearNODE is the first platform created specifically to make blockchain nodes and decentralized apps (dapps) both easy and secure to deploy. ClearNODE’s enterprise-level blockchain platform and marketplace is leveraging HPE ProLiant servers running ClearOS. Featuring the world’s most secure industry standard servers, HPE’s “silicon root of trust” technology offers a unique link between the custom HPE silicon and the HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO) firmware, which ensures servers do not execute compromised firmware code – a foundational benefit leveraged by the ClearNODE offering.
ClearNODE is currently offered based on HPE ProLiant tower and micro servers. Going forward, we will see more ProLiant models added to the portfolio – bringing easy-to-use enterprise blockchain apps both to the enterprise data center and eventually to the edge, enabling things to interact and transact with other things.
ClearNODE is currently on exhibit at HPE’s booth at CEBIT, Hanover, Germany from June 12 to 15, in hall 12, booth D47.
To learn more about HPE’s Enterprise Blockchain Solutions, visit:
To learn more about HPE ProLiant servers, visit:
To learn more about ClearNODE, visit: