In this article
- HPE announces intent to acquire Cloud Technology Partners (CTP)
- CTP strengthens HPE's Hybrid IT capabilities by extending its cloud consulting experience
- Together, HPE and CTP can accelerate business performance and help customers drive digital innovation
Businesses today live in a Hybrid IT world. Achieving business outcomes requires putting each workload in the appropriate environment, whether it’s in an on-premises data center, in a private cloud, on public clouds or offered as a SaaS application. And, this environment is different for every organization, dynamically changing with their business needs and workload requirements. We believe most enterprises will operate in this Hybrid IT environment for the foreseeable future.
HPE Pointnext is an innovative IT services organization built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. One of our core capabilities is helping customers evaluate their IT strategy, determine the right environment for each workload and then execute their transition to a cloud environment (or multiple clouds), an on-premises data center, or more likely, a mix of the two.
To further strengthen our consulting capabilities, today we are announcing our intent to acquire Cloud Technology Partners (CTP), a born-in-the-cloud services company with strong enterprise experience and DNA. Put simply, CTP helps its enterprise clients:
- Move to the cloud – CTP helps sophisticated IT organizations move to the cloud by helping them determine which applications are optimal for both public and private clouds, executing the migrations, while helping them transform their organizations for the future.
- Innovate on the cloud – CTP helps its clients build new and disruptive solutions using key technologies like IoT, Big Data and Machine Learning.
- Operate the cloud – With its Managed Cloud Controls (suite of next generation managed services), CTP helps its clients achieve governance, risk and regulatory compliance on day 1 while also automating the reconciliation of actual cloud spend back to the projected TCO savings in the original business case and optimize spend.
Since it was founded in 2010, CTP’s architects have been designing, building and implementing IT solutions for Fortune 500 clients across industries and have completed almost 500 enterprise cloud transformation projects. CTP is cloud agnostic, with extensive experience on multiple platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google and OpenStack. Together, HPE and CTP will provide our customers with a comprehensive IT strategy that includes private, managed and public clouds, as well as traditional IT.
CTP’s consulting, design and operational advisory services for cloud environments will strengthen our Hybrid IT consulting expertise in a fast growing market. Spending on the Hybrid IT Consulting and Cloud Native Development segments is approximately $6 billion today, growing at over 18 percent (Source: McKinsey, February 2017). Together, we will be even better positioned to capitalize on this market trend. The CTP team has built strong customer momentum and will be able to accelerate that momentum by leveraging HPE’s global brand and go-to-market.
More and more, customers are seeking a trusted advisor who knows where the market is going, and can shape their long-term roadmap and provide the solutions that will allow them to keep pace in this digital world. Together with CTP, we will provide customers with the ability to more quickly build new innovative digital experiences, simply manage and forecast IT costs and ensure the applications running their business stay secure. All while optimizing their environment so they can free up resources to grow, innovate and stay ahead of the competition.
Please take a moment to visit www.cloudtp.com to learn more about their offerings and leadership team.