At Discover Las Vegas 2016, Hewlett Packard Enterprise announced new customer engagements with GE, Docker, Star Trek and others as well as enhancements to its Storage, Converged Data Infrastructure, Cloud and The Machine software that will better aid companies of all sizes to transition to hybrid IT and put them in a better position to turn ideas into value.
- On June 6, 2016, HPE announced teamed that they with Paramount Pictures to imagine technology 250 years into the future for the upcoming Star Trek Beyond feature film from Paramount Pictures and Skydance set for worldwide release beginning July 20.
- On June 7, 2016, HPE announced an exciting initiative to bring The Machine to open source developers very early in the software development cycle. The initiative invites the open source community to collaborate on HPE's largest and most notable research project, which is focused on reinventing the computer architecture on which all computers have been built for the past 60 years.
- On June 7, 2016, HPE announced new data storage solutions to help customers unlock the value of the all-flash datacenter. Updates to the HPE 3PAR StoreServ flash portfolio include the world's most capacity-dense all-flash system,1 persistent storage for containers, unified storage enhancements, and flash-integrated data protection.
- On June 7, 2016, HPE announced OneView 3.0 to provide software-defined intelligence across HPE's family of infrastructure solutions, including HPE ProLiant, HPE BladeSystem, HPE 3PAR StoreServ, HPE Hyper Converged solutions, and HPE Synergy, the industry's first composable infrastructure.
- On June 7, 2016, HPE announced a strategic alliance with Docker, Inc., the company behind the open platform that enables organizations to build, ship and run distributed applications on any infrastructure.
- On June 7, 2016, HPE introduced updates to its HPE Helion cloud portfolio today at HPE Discover.
- On June 7, 2016, HPE introduced enhancements to HPE Helion Managed Cloud and HPE Cloud Services Broker services to help enterprises improve control over their hybrid infrastructure.
- On June 8, 2016, HPE announced a strategic agreement to unite cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT) technologies from HPE with GE’s industrial expertise and its Predix platform to bring digital know-how to the industry sector.
- On June 8, 2016, HPE unveiled the Edgeline EL1000 and Edgeline EL4000, the industry’s first converged systems for the Internet of Things (IoT).