PALO ALTO, CA – February 7, 2017 – Today, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announced that it has signed an original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and reseller agreement with Mesosphere to help customers transform and modernize their data centers with hybrid IT solutions that span traditional infrastructure, private, public and managed cloud services.
As part of this OEM and reseller agreement, HPE will be a provider of Mesosphere enterprise solutions worldwide. HPE will build and deliver infrastructure solutions, including server, storage and technology services designed for Mesosphere DC/OS, an open-source platform (built on top of Apache Mesos™) for developing, deploying and elastically scaling the technologies that underpin today’s modern applications.
The agreement with Mesosphere is the latest milestone for HPE as the company continues to expand its container leadership to help enterprise customers fully embrace the benefits and flexibility hybrid IT provides, such as optimized performance and faster service time to market.
“Today’s enterprises need to engage a lot of users, process real-time data at scale and roll out services fast. That means running distributed systems of containers, big data services and everything else that modern applications require elastically across on-premises IT and in the cloud,” said Peter Schrady, senior vice president and general manager, SMB and Enterprise Server Solutions, HPE. “By combining Mesosphere’s DC/OS technology with our infrastructure and service leadership, we are making it easier for our customers to leverage hybrid IT to run, deploy and manage today’s distributed enterprise environments more efficiently.”
Through this reseller agreement, customers get the benefits of cloud native platform services, accelerated by HPE services and powered by HPE infrastructure. As part of the platform, Mesosphere Enterprise DC/OS running on HPE servers and storage enables customers to use a single platform to run container applications, Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, distributed databases, big data analytics and stateful services.
The reseller agreement is the latest chapter in a growing relationship between Mesosphere and HPE. Mesosphere also announced today that it has joined the HPE-led Cloud28+ community as a technology partner. Cloud28+ provides customers and HPE partners a platform from which they can find hybrid IT solutions, share knowledge, and create new connections. In March 2016, Hewlett Packard Pathfinder, the HPE venture investment and partnership program, led Mesosphere’s $73.5 million Series C funding round.
“We’re excited to partner with HPE to help its customers around the world adopt modern applications and simplify their IT operations via DC/OS,” said Florian Leibert, co-founder and CEO of Mesosphere. “DC/OS is built around technologies that have automated infrastructure and application development at large web and consumer-technology companies, but is designed for use by all companies from startups to global enterprises. Our relationship with HPE brings the rich capability and elastic scale of public cloud to our joint customers’ own infrastructure.”
HPE and Mesosphere are also working together in a number of other areas designed to help joint customers modernize their IT environments and operations around technologies such as cloud computing, containers and flash storage. Details include:
- Servers: Initially available on HPE ProLiant servers running Linux operating systems as supported by Mesosphere. Expanding in the future to servers with other operating systems as supported by Mesosphere and certified by HPE.
- Storage: New reference architectures and platform integration to address the data persistence needs of containerized applications on DC/OS. The solution provides elasticity, superior performance SLAs, high availability and data services required for deploying massively scalable containers on HPE 3PAR StoreServ All-flash Storage platform and software-defined HPE StoreVirtual Storage.
- Technology Services and Support: Worldwide support for Mesosphere as well as the underlying infrastructure from one global IT partner, with HPE Foundation Care.
- Technology Consulting Services: HPE Cloud Native Container Service for Mesosphere is designed to help customers achieve faster time to application service delivery while lowering the costs and challenges of adopting the latest container strategies. The service is delivered in three phases’ discovery, design and deployment. Through the HPE Cloud Native Container Service for Mesosphere, HPE can help you achieve:
- Faster time to containerize applications.
- Deliver services rapidly on Mesosphere’s Cloud Native platform.
- Integrating containers into the customers’ developer platforms and processes.
Earlier this year, HPE released a technical whitepaper and reference architecture detailing the benefits of running modern applications on a foundation of Mesosphere Enterprise DC/OS and HPE servers.
Mesosphere DC/OS and related services will be available through HPE and worldwide channel partners on February 13, 2017. Interested customers can contact either company for more details, or begin the journey to Mesosphere DC/OS today using the open source edition.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Mesosphere (Twitter: @Mesosphere) is leading the enterprise transformation toward distributed computing and hybrid cloud. We combine the rich capability you get from public cloud providers with the freedom and control of choosing your own infrastructure. Mesosphere DC/OS is the premier platform for building, deploying, and scaling modern applications and data services. DC/OS makes running containers, big data, and elastic infrastructure easy across your own hardware and cloud instances. Mesosphere was founded in 2013 by the architects of hyperscale infrastructures at Airbnb and Twitter and the co-creator of Apache Mesos. Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in New York and Hamburg, Germany. Mesosphere’s investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Khosla Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, and Microsoft.