BOSTON, Aug. 3, 2016 – AnDevCon – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (NYSE: HPE) today announced the availability of HPE Mobile Center 2.0, an integrated software development testing suite designed to help organizations rapidly build, test, and deliver high-quality mobile applications.
HPE Mobile Center leverages HPE Haven OnDemand, HPE Fortify on Demand, and open source testing tools including Selenium and Appium, allowing developers to test any app operation and cover any user scenario. To significantly scale the number of devices that are tested, HPE Mobile Center is now integrated with Amazon Web Services Device Farm (AWS Device Farm) – a service that helps mobile app developers quickly and securely test their apps on smartphones, tablets, and other devices to improve the quality of their Android and iOS apps.
HPE is expanding Mobile Center capabilities to provide users with a predictable and repeatable mechanism for testing, monitoring, and improving any mobile app. The integration with HPE Haven OnDemand and HPE Fortify on Demand provides development teams with powerful capabilities that leverage machine learning from testing data and user feedback to help guide the application development direction, with security built in from the beginning. In addition, developers can use HPE Mobile Center in concert with open source tools (e.g. running Appium tests on iOS with a PC), providing businesses with the freedom to use a wide range of frameworks and processes for building quality applications, quickly.
"Creating high-quality mobile applications that work seamlessly on every end-user device is a tall order, given the constant proliferation of device types, operating systems, mobile environments, and use cases,” said Raffi Margaliot (@raffima), Senior Vice President and General Manager, Application Delivery Management, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “HPE Mobile Center 2.0 leverages HPE’s unique strengths in machine learning and security to provide developers with deep intelligence that guides them in building high-quality and secure applications. By integrating with open source tools, we allow developers to leverage these powerful capabilities while operating in the application frameworks and processes of their choice.”
“For mobile app developers, delivering high-quality apps across all of the different device and OS combinations is a major effort – it can be time consuming, complicated, and expensive. And, as new devices continue to enter the market, developers are looking for an easier way to build and test across them – AWS Device Farm meets those business needs,” said Marco Argenti, Vice President, Mobile and IoT, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “By integrating with AWS Device Farm, HPE Mobile Center enables streamlined dev and test for developers to test the real user experience of their apps across multiple device types at scale.”
A Single Application Management Gateway to Enhance and Refine Mobile App Quality
HPE Mobile Center 2.0 acts as a consolidated gateway that provide customers with a central repository to execute tests, and manage their on-premises and AWS-based devices and emulators.
The solution addresses the entire application lifecycle spectrum, covering a variety of testing capabilities – Security, Manual, Functional, and Performance. HPE Mobile Center is integrated with a broad range of market leading solutions from HPE Software, including: HPE Fortify on Demand, HPE Sprinter, HPE Unified Functional Testing, HPE LeanFT, HPE LoadRunner, HPE StormRunner Load, HPE Performance Center, HPE Network Virtualization, Appium, and Selenium. In addition, in-app Analytics with HPE Haven OnDemand and mobile monitoring with both HPE AppPulse Mobile and HPE Application Performance Management address the monitoring phase of the application lifecycle spectrum to boost application observation.
Mobile Center 2.0 enables developers to optimize applications for hybrid environments by simultaneously testing on virtual-based devices in the cloud or on-premise.
Key features offered by HPE Mobile Center 2.0 include:
- Replication of Real User Experiences – Generates accurate and authentic results – from remote restarts, to record gestures and replay interactions – by imitating real-user testing conditions and tendencies.
- AWS Device Farm Integration – Offers application testing on the AWS Cloud against a large collection of physical devices to help provide consistent, high-quality app experiences.
- Simplified Test Automation
- Amplifies the Selenium and Appium framework with enterprise-grade features such as user, app, and lab management.
- Maintains the ability to asses multiple apps within the same test.
- Reduces the dependencies for a Mac machine and controls the Springboard when running Appium tests on iOS apps.
- Mobile Performance Optimization – Provides an accurate picture of the end-to-end mobile performance by combining virtual users and real devices; runs simple, elastic, and realistic tests from multiple geographies across various real-world network conditions.
- End-to-end Mobile Security – Assess the security of source code, binaries and the mobile app to underscore vulnerabilities across the client side.
- Real-Time Monitoring – Monitors the application proactively from multiple locations on original devices to identify issues before customers.
HPE Mobile Center 2.0 is available now and for more information, visit the HPE Booth (#600) at AnDevCon 2016 or click here.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry-leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.