PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 26, 2014) - HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced HP Business Intelligence Modernization Services designed to help enterprises understand, manage and leverage their data to improve customer engagement, create new business opportunities and reduce costs.
Most existing business intelligence environments can provide analytics and reporting, but are not designed to deliver insights from new formats and higher volumes of data. As demand for access to information increases, enterprises are being challenged to process unstructured data and vast amounts of sensor data in real time and on an industrial scale.
HP Business Intelligence Modernization Services is a comprehensive suite of services, architectures and technologies designed to help clients integrate big data analytics into their existing environments to address new analytics requirements. The comprehensive suite includes discovery, assessment, modernization and transformation, culminating in a new analytics strategy and ongoing management via multiple deployment and consumption options.
"Quickly defining an analytics and big data strategy is an essential step for companies to remain competitive in an environment where the amount of data being collected is outpacing their ability to leverage it," said Martin Risau, senior vice president, Analytics and Data Management, HP Enterprise Services. "We deliver solutions with flexible consumption models to enable our customers to start focusing immediately on the opportunities that data creates to improve their business."
The new HP Business Intelligence Modernization Services address three major service needs to support a client's journey to become more data-driven and agile:
- Discovery environments: "Data lakes," data visualization tools and services enabling rapid, enterprise-wide data sharing and analytic discovery collaboration.
- Analytics solutions: Addressing specific analytics needs to run the business better.
- Hybrid data management: Enabling enterprises to deliver production-grade analytics integrated into business processes and systems that leverage relevant data.
Business-led transformation enhances customer experience
HP Business Intelligence Modernization Services combine software, hardware and consulting services to help enterprises achieve a transformation based on real business outcomes. The new offerings are designed to create opportunities for clients to deliver value through lower, predictable costs and an increased ability to focus on innovation and differentiation. With the new services, enterprises benefit from:
- Flexible, scalable consumption models: Include as-a-service, private cloud, hosted and on-premises solutions.
- Services: Leverage leading software from HP and its technology partners, including the HP HAVEn Big Data Platform spanning Hadoop, HP Autonomy, Vertica and HP Enterprise Security.
- Open architecture: Enables clients to leverage their existing business intelligence and analytics assets.
- Managed services: Robust, production-strength offering supports the transformation and roadmap.
- HP partner ecosystem: Offers expanded features and accelerated time to value.
In the "BI Analytics, Q3 2013" TechRadar™ report, Forrester Research, Inc.'s Holger Kisker, vice president and research director, and Charles Green, analyst, wrote, "As the amount of data grows and companies' ability to harness and create value from that data improves, firms will be able to optimize almost all aspects of business operations, including sourcing, logistics and the customer experience. In addition, major dynamics like the digital revolution are upending whole industries; as a result, data-driven insights will become critical to business survival. Therefore, BI analytics are, and will continue to be, one of the main focus areas for companies' investments and business strategies."
HP Business Intelligence Modernization Services are available immediately worldwide.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.