In this article
- To improve workload efficiency and security for customers’ on-premises deployments, HPE has introduced HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack (Gen 10)
- The new solution incorporates integrated management with HPE OneView and pay-as-you-consume pricing provided by HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity
PALO ALTO, Calif. – April 23, 2018 – Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) today announced the HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack (Gen 10), leveraging Intel’s latest Purley-based Xeon processors to enable customers to run workloads more quickly and securely. The next-gen HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack solution delivers higher storage capacity, increased cache capacity, better performance, and increased security. Based on the HPE DL380 Gen 10 server, the solution enables customers to gain the benefits of a Microsoft Azure public cloud in an on-premises deployment.
Today more than 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies have adopted Microsoft cloud based services and they are now seeking a simple, powerful and scalable on-premises Azure solution environment. HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack offers customers maximum performance, unmatched security, increased admin efficiency and a simple pay as you consume model for Azure services on-premises to maintain data sovereignty, run high performance analytics, big data and low-latency applications, and support edge and disconnected applications.
“IT departments are under huge pressure from lines of business to utilize new technologies that drive innovation and growth—while simultaneously reducing costs,” said McLeod Glass, vice president and general manager, Software-Defined and Hyperconverged Solutions, HPE. “Leveraging our long-standing partnership with Microsoft and joint R&D efforts, we are able to deliver a solution that fits the needs of our customers, enabling them to simplify IT implementation and reap the benefits associated with cloud operating models, delivered on-premises.”
As a trusted Microsoft partner, HPE delivers the highest quality products and comprehensive software-defined infrastructure solutions, including services, consulting and support. The latest HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack solution offers customers key benefits:
- Maximized performance – Provides higher storage capacity with support for up to 120 TB of raw capacity per node, delivering a 50 percent overall increase in capacity and enabling customers to run workloads at a faster rate. The higher workload performance allows for a 66 percent boost in memory bandwidth and double the memory capacity.
- Unmatched security – With HPE’s Silicon Root of Trust, major firmware is anchored directly into the silicon to ensure servers do not execute compromised firmware code, increasing the security of HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack.
- Increased administrator efficiency – HPE OneView is integrated into the HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack platform, enabling customers to automate tasks and gain insights. The OneView dashboards provide real-time status information and alerts, which are instrumental for tracking and maintaining the health of the platform.
- Pay-as-you-consume pricing – With HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity, customers can take advantage of cloud-style economics to pay for on-premises infrastructure that is used today, along with a buffer to grow into and to be paid for when it is used.
“Microsoft is focused on solving the needs of our customers as they move to hybrid cloud with a consistent architectural approach. Microsoft Azure Stack is a key offering to support execution of that focus,” said Tad Brockway, General Manager of Azure Storage at Microsoft. “We’re building on our strong partnership with HPE to bring Azure Stack to market and are excited with the multiple advancements included in the new Gen10 version of HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack.”
Enterprises are demanding a complete hybrid cloud solution to meet their key use cases. As the most configurable solution available, HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack is a leading hybrid cloud solution for global customers. Joining the growing list of organizations already deploying the HPE solution around the world are PeeringOne, Revera Limited, TeleComputing, and Umbrellar.
“We chose the HPE ProLiant for Microsoft Azure Stack, in part because of HPE GreenLake Flex Capacity,” said Wong Chee Voon, managing director, PeeringOne. “Without committing valuable capital we’re able to have an Azure Stack platform that flexes with our business needs, aligning our IT costs to the business. Other vendors that we considered were not able to provide a consumption-based model for the Azure Stack infrastructure.”
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.