In this article
- Our upcoming podcast, brought to you by Hewlett Packard Enterprise, is hosted by Gigaom CEO Byron Reese and Mesosphere Co-Founder & CEO Florian Leibert
- Each week, we take a look at an emerging trend and have special guests weigh-in on how listeners can leverage new technologies for the benefit of their businesses
- Guests include industry experts from Airbnb, Vapor IO, Confluent and other companies from across various industries
Ever wonder about how the technology behind autonomous driving can be applied to businesses in other sectors? What about open source communities and their ability to drive innovation? And what about the cloud — will it really consume the world?
We explore these topics and more in our newest podcast — STACK That.
STACK That dives into the world of emerging trends, taking a look at what’s hot, what’s secure and how you can leverage new technologies for your business’ benefit. Tune in every week as we’re joined by industry experts from Airbnb, Confluent, Vapor IO and other companies across various industries.
Get a sneak peek at some of the topics our hosts and special guests will be discussing:
- Machine learning and its effect on the travel industry
- How autonomous driving is changing the IT landscape
- The power of the cloud and how it fits into the Hybrid IT landscape
- Using big data to challenge — and beat — cancer and other illnesses
- And more!
Speaking of hosts, we’ve partnered with two of the most passionate and knowledgeable “techies” in the industry—Byron Reese and Florian Leibert.
As CEO and Publisher of Gigaom, Byron Reese leads the company in their mission to help business leaders understand the implications of emerging technologies and their impacts on business, media, and society. Having served across a wide range of senior management roles, from CEO, to VP of Marketing, to Chief Innovation Officer, Byron possesses a diverse body of patented work and speaks and writes about how today’s technology can solve many of our biggest global challenges.
Byron’s upcoming book, “The Fourth Age: Smart Robots, Conscious Computers, and the Future of Humanity” will be released by Atria, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, in April 2018. He is also the author of the award-winning “Infinite Progress: How Technology and the Internet Will End Ignorance, Disease, Hunger, Poverty, and War.”
Florian Leibert co-founded Mesosphere in 2013 and currently serves as CEO. The company makes Mesosphere DC/OS, which allows webscale and enterprise companies to quickly deliver containerized, data-intensive applications on any infrastructure. Florian also serves as an investor with Away and Driftt. Prior to founding Mesosphere, Florian was an engineering leader focused on building infrastructure for analytics and search at companies such as Airbnb, Twitter, and Ning.
Don’t miss our first episode of STACK That when it launches next week — subscribe on our podcast content hub, or with your favorite podcast app: